Saturday, August 25, 2012

Opening convocation
Just returned from the formal convocation replete with piper and procession. It was very comforting to a Bethanian. Made me feel right at home--even down to the three raps of the Marshal's staff and the announcement to be upstanding! Below is a picture of the faculty gathering in the Senior Common Room prior to the service. In the center is Dr. Gordon Kingsley, Principal of Harlaxton College, who gave the address using David Mallet's Garden Song as his text. I used to sing that song with a friend back in grad school.



Didn't get any pics of the service itself. Trust me, it was very lovely.

Drop/Add is this afternoon from 1:30-2:00 p.m.! Imagine if we did that at Bethany. Just hope the poor chap in my Origins class doesn't find out he's the ONLY one in the class. Fortunately, there are others who have only one student in a class as well, so it isn't just I--at least I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment