Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fellow Bethanians and Friends of the College

Today marks the inaugural installment of an occasional blog posting which will chronicle my experiences as a Visiting Professor at Harlaxton College in Lincolnshire, England, the British campus of the University of Evansville. Bethany College participates as a partner school with the Harlaxton program which allows Bethany students to attend the program for a semester and also offers the opportunity for Bethany faculty members to apply for a position as a visiting professor.

The purpose of the blog (and I confess I have never had a blog before) is twofold. First, to encourage Bethany students to avail themselves of the wonderful opportunities available in the Harlaxton program through a firsthand account of the activities both on the campus of Harlaxton Manor  and the frequent field trip opportunities to sites throughout the British Isles and even to the continent. And, second, to try to give the reader a sense of what it is like to participate in such a wonderful program. For an idea of what that will entail, check out the Harlaxton website at http://www.harlaxton.ac.uk/about_us/index.cfm.

I will be posting irregularly throughout the fall semester, including pix if I can figure out how to upload them to the Blog. Many thanks to Mrs. Rebecca Rose for her help in getting me up to speed in this medium. Remember that I am nearly 60 years old and a firm believer that the computer will be the death of Western Civilization, but I am prepared to hold my terror in check for the duration of the term in order to use this means of communication with the Bethany community.

My next post will be upon my arrival at Harlaxton on Aug 22, 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Besides, this blog will allow family members to keep up with you. It's a great idea. I'm so glad you're taking this opportunity! Karla Davis

    ReplyDelete